Looking for a super-fabulous, delicious, nutritious meal for brunch or a special occasion such as Mother’s or Father’s Day?
This is it!
Make your loved ones smile and feel satisfied with this wonderful breakfast.
Ingredients (feeds 4):
- 8 pieces of Ezekiel bread, or homemade bread of your choice
- 4 pasture-raised eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half or cream, 1/4 cup of whole milk (raw is a plus)
- 12 pieces of pasture-raised bacon – we use Organic Prairie bacon – approximately 3 slices per sandwich
- Cheese – enough slices to cover your bread – we use Organic Valley Raw Monterey Jack cheese. Swiss, Cheddar, or any other type works well too.
- 3 – 4 shakes of cinnamon
- Salt to taste
Go to work:
- Start bacon ahead and when cooked, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Preheat pan to medium-low.
- Combine eggs, cream, milk, cinnamon, and salt into a deep-dished plate or flat bowl where you can dip bread. Whisk until consistent and smooth.
- Lightly toast bread.
- Dip bread in flat, both sides.
- Place butter in the pan and melt, spread around. Place bread in pan until egg batter is lightly browned.
- Take bread out of pan and place cheese slices and bacon on bread. Cover with other slice to make sandwich. Place on cookie sheet in oven for about 7 – 8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve whole or cut into halves or quarters.
Apples and yogurt
- organic apples of your choice
- homemade yogurt or a good store-bought brand such as Trader’s Point or Stonyfield Farm
While sandwiches are cooking, place yogurt into bowls (homemade from real milk is a plus!), and cube up one whole apple for 4 people. Distribute evenly into bowls. Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Serve with French Toast
This article is linked to Kelly the Kitchen Kop’s Real Food Wednesdays. Please visit this site and read through the other great posts listed there.